After the success of the Voyager app, the same framework was applied to another development for Mirvac, this one called St Leonards Square.
Again this was build with AIR, Starling, Signals and Robotlegs. Some subtle changes were made with how the menu works so you can see at a glance where you are and what was selected to get you there.
Watch a demo of this app below.
My first live project working for Mirvac.
This interactive is a touchscreen that is displayed in the display suites and used as a sales tool for Mirvac staff to show all the features and options of the development.
It is built using AIR, uses the Starling framework for great performance. Other frameworks and libraries used included Robotlegs, Signals and Away3D.
A lot of content was required to be packed into this application. Sitting with a designer at Mirvac the menu system has been reworked from previous outsourced projects. So far users have been happy navigating through it and being able to jump to other sections with ease.
One of the most used features of the app is the ability to load different finishes of bathrooms or kitchens and compare them by swiping left and right.
Here is a video of it and some of the content being displayed in action.
Working with Code on Canvas I was brought in to develop one of the components of the Westpac Innovation Cave.
The component I built was an Android app that was used to give information to visitors about the technology they were looking at. It retrieved text, images and video from a backend and was easily configurable for the installers.
Thanks to Rene Christen from Code on Canvas for the photos.
In mid 2015, working along side the Imagination Hong Kong office, I was part of the Imagination Sydney team of 3 developers working on developing applications for the GE Innovation Centre to be opened in Istanbul, Turkey.
The element of the project I was involved in was building an Android tablet app that would control other apps throughout the space, as well as educate the use about the space and collate information.
The app was build in Adobe AIR using the Starling framework. It also identified and unlocked different parts of the app depending on your location, this was done by having beacons placed around the space and the tablet reacting to them.
Here is a video of highlights from the opening from GE.
Thanks to Pete Shand for the images.
I had the opportunity to work with Heather Catchpole from Refraction Media on an e-Learning Virtual Tour app. Finally getting a chance to make mention of it!
The project was for ANSTO (Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation) and it was to build an interactive virtual tour of the facilities located at Lucas Heights located 40km north-west of the Sydney CBD.
The project contained many animated videos, videos recorded at the site, 360 degree (360 where authorised) panoramas and photos.
Here is a short video showing some of the content and the different areas of the app.
A permanent space in the Sydney CommBank office for Innovation to take place
This was a big project that involved many people. I joined the project for the development phase but work had been going on months before, but I’ll just mention parts that I was exposed to and worked on.
My main role on this project was developing a tablet app that visitors to the space would be given to teach them about the space and also to be used as a tool for parts of the space. The app was developed in Adobe AIR using the Starling Framework and Robotlegs 2 to string it all together. It also used Beacon technology to detect where a user was in the space and prompt them with information.
Some of the other interactives in the space included an Oculus Rift experience built in Unity to immerse the user in customer and merchant experiences, projected applications built in Adobe AIR – one using Leap Motion technology to inform about new CommBank products and the other accessing “big data” to display findings from millions of user transactions. Another AIR applications was also developed for an interactive whiteboard that could also be controlled via the tablets.
Here is a short video showing the above interactives and the transformation of the site.
It was a great project working with some extremely talented and hard working people that pulled off this incredible project.
This was an interesting project to work on, not so much for the actual work I did but the content was amazing.
Finally! After many years of being a developer I get to make something to do with my favourite sport basketball!